Saturday, April 5, 2008

I support "Dare To Document : Political Films by Singaporeans"



A report of even posted by sdpophobia on Sammyboymod


I was invited by fellow activists to that private screening on 29.Mar.2008 attended by dozens of people. Initially my reply to the invitation was that I could not attend on that scheduled evening because I was expecting to be in famiLEE LEEgime's jail for case of Election Speeches with Dr. CSJ, but the case is now delayed till 11.April.2008 so I attended the screening of the 3 films. I found myself missing the date for filing my reply, but I will make application to allow me to file it late still.

It is interesting to watch these films that flashed back my unforgettable memories of them, I was part of all these 3 activism events which took place here in Singapore. I must congratulate these film and video activists, they did really well. And they did some really useful documentations for Singapore.

My call to Singaporean youth is to come out and take part with the activists, there is surely a role that you can contribute. Becoming a Video & film activist is one of the way. I suggested that film and video activists wear a sort of cargo vest painted with wordings printed in front and back such as "Citizen Journalist" or "Video Blogger", this will safeguard your interest and privilege similar with members of media, by clearly declaring your role. All you need is digital camera or handphone with camera built-in.

Our Singaporean video & film activists are doing very well and I am seeing their numbers growing as time goes by. There is a great experience pool to be tapped. I am not just supporting these guys, I am also doing videos on my blogs as well. One of the most exciting event I filmed recently is Tak Boleh Tahan protest. :-)

The tiny video clip posted in this blog page is one that I shot of the private screening on 29.Mar.2008 at the Post Museum.



Sammyboymod Post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home